"She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life."
Doing good to your husband is different from simply not hurting him. As wives we have the ability to build our husbands up or to tear them down.
How do you build him up?
- Show him unconditional respect. This means you respect him even when he fails.
- Unconditional support and encouragement. This is what it meant when you said for better or for worse.
- Unconditional love. This one is important, but focus on the two points above. He will feel loved if you are respecting and supporting him.
- Encourage hum in his interests, strengths, and to be the best he can be in whatever he tries.
- Don't let him feel belittled in your eyes.
- Let him know how much you respect him and appreciate what he does or tries to do.
- A man should not be ranked by his success in his wife's eyes.
- Never say I told you so when he fails and don't expect perfection.
Be his rock. He wants your respect and he needs your strength. With you behind him, he can tackle anything.