Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pawns

"For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's
And He has set the World upon them."
                  1 Samuel 2:8c
Every other day, it seems, you hear about another nobody who rocketed from obscurity into somebody. A budding new author, a lucky unknown in a lead acting role, the heroic marine, all around us in every area of life there are individuals coming to the forefront while others are moving back.

People struggle year after year to attain these positions of influence and the greatness that accompanies them, but these positions are God's to fill. He can replace them in a blink of an eye with whomever He chooses. If God wishes to lift you up - He will, but if God wishes to bring you down, that's just as easy.

As I watch the people around me move up and down it just serve to amaze me with how Big God is and how small we really are. We are but pawns that can stay lowly or become a queen as it best suits the overall outcome of the game. Either way I am just honored to be a part of His game. How about you?
Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good view of the Almighty! Few have this kind of perspective about God, and I appreciate meeting those who do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    I became a follower. My blog is Manifest Blog if you're interested.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to your posting! God is sovereign and we are privileged to be a part of His kingdom in whatever capacity He has designed us for His use and pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I; like you, am content to be in His game and on His side of the board. Whether this pawn ever reaches the position of queen in this life I am content to know that ultimately I will be queen to His King. And the battle strategies are His to worry about and not for me.
    Psalm 115:3 For our God is in the heavens, and He does as He wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...