Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

The image of . . .

“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”                                         Genesis 1:27

To an extent I think all artists desire their work to represent some aspect of themselves. The heavens, mountains, oceans, etc all declare the glory of God. When we look at them we see a new aspect of God. God made us in His image, just as we want our children to resemble us.

I find it very interesting that we also like to create things in our own image.

As a writer, I am daily faced with the truth that God made us to enjoy creating, just as he does. When I write, I try to draw from everything I know of God, his creation, and myself and try to create out of the best. My creation are at most poor representations of what He has already made.

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...