Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Knowing Good

"Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17
Image by: Pink Sherbet Photography
 
 
The ways this verse can apply are endless and staggering.

We know it's good to say hi to that really obnoxious person, but we chose to avoid them instead (sin)

We're called to care for the orphans, yet how many of us really adopt? (sin)

We know we should exercise and start eating less (sin)

We know we should do good, but there are others called to those areas. We don't want to be inconvenienced unless a bolt of lightning from heaven strikes us with the idea. (sin)

So many sins in our day to day lives, not from doing something wrong, but from not doing something right.

I like to think that God simply hasn't called me to all the things 'm not doing, but does he really need to tell me to do all the things that I know are good to do? What parent isn't thrilled when their child cleans their room without being asked? Are we watching opportunities pass?

Thoughts? Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Sarah. May God forgive me for all the excuses I can come up with and help me to be more obedient to Him as well as more Christ like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are human, and of the flesh. Paul tells us to pray, Father forgive me for doing that which I know to be wrong and for not doing that which I know to be right. It is good to acknowledge our sins and ask forgiveness from the Father thru his son Jesus. However, rember that once you accept Jesusas your Lord and saviour that his blood covers your past,present and future sins! Grace is so large it can cover all of mankind- free for the asking.

      Delete
  2. Really awesome excerpt, Sarah! What a great way to decipher the verse. I think our duty is to make those opportunities to be and do good part of our every day routine. As Christians, I think God wants that to become second nature for us. Again, love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful food for the thought. Love your blog :) Thank God for His forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...