Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Invisibility

"If He goes by me, I do not see Him;
If He moves past, I do not perceive Him;"
Job 9:11

I read this verse and thought, "What's so great about that?"

Often times I view God's invisibility as an inconvenience. It would be so much easier to follow Him if He were visible. The fact that I don't see Him doesn't inspire a feeling of awe, and yet, this verse is part of a long list of God's amazing attributes.

It set me thinking. If I were reading a story or watching a movie where the hero could move without being seen, if this hero could be invisible - wouldn't i think that was amazing, cool, or even wicked awesome?

God's ability to be invisible is as much a sign of His power, an indication that He truly is God, as walking on water.
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. I agree, some times it is a bummer not to see Him. Yet He asks us to use our faith at just those times to KNOW that He is just as much with us and just as much in love with us at those times as when we feel His loving and warm presence. :) Can't wait until the day that faith will no longer be needed. BTW I again like the picture you used for this blog. It says so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...